Saturday, May 30, 2009

Opa!

Who am I?

I'm Lia. I'm 23. I'm going to be 24 on August 9th. I'm most defined by my heritage. I'm Greek. If that raises any red flags, it should. I'm single. I work in the family business as phoneanswerer/partyplanner/peopledealer/billpaying/officemanager. I am one of 5 children. I am the only girl. And I happen to be the baby. I have 4 older, protective, pain in the butt brothers. We are all 2 years apart. I have a mother and a father who are still married. I am a thea. Which is Aunt in Greek. I have 4 nephews. I have a chihuahua, Apollo, who is my whole life. He has a sister named, Artemis. And their father is named Zeus. Yes my family is that proud of our culture and heritage that we have a family of dogs named after Greek Gods. Olympian ones at that. I have a last name that is 13 letters long. There goes that Greek again. I'm single. And expected to marry a Greek. So I can make Greek babies. (Quoted from My Big Fat Greek Wedding.) I like to write. I started a blog to document the best years of my life. I have a group of 6 girlfriends plus me, who have been my life long friends and aren't going anywhere. We are the fierce 7some. We always laugh at that name. I am the 7th out of the group to get a blog. None of us are married. Or have babies. I live in Jersey. Don't judge me as a Jersey Girl though. The 7 of us go to the Jersey Shore every weekend in the summer. I don't have an obnoxious accent. But I am very loud. I went to college. I hated it. I want to get a real estate license. I love pink. I love shopping. I love to get my hair done and my nails. I'm an all around girly girl because I was the only one in the family. My main family consists of 9 uncles and 5 aunts. I have uncountable cousins. I am the youngest out of all. I was raised as a Greek Orthodox. We still go to church every Sunday morning as a family. Even though none of us live at home. We all live within 10 minute car drive of each other. Two of my brothers live in the same condo complex as I do. One is married with a wife, 1 boy and a home And the other is married with a wife, 3 boys and a home. When you put my whole family together you'd think a tornado hit. We are all loud. And obnoxious. We yell Opa and take shots of Ouzo. We really are the Greek family you think of from movies like My Big Fat Greek Wedding. Welcome to my life. Opa!


Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. you are adorable. :)

    ...I love your title ..lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogging world. I'm sure it will help you as you meet many other online people as well as reflect on what you write and how it can help you in one way or another. Sleeked out blog design. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting! Keep on blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog through 20SB and I love it. Love the header and the whole idea behind it. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete